*SCRATCH & DENT* FABbot NexGen AR5 to LS Transmission Adapter
THESE PLATES ARE MECHANICALLY CORRECT. THEY WILL WORK EXACTLEY AS THEY SHOULD. THERE WILL BE SMALL COSMETIC ISSUES TO THE PLATE ITSELF, BUT OTHERWISE WILL BE A COMPLETE KIT.
NEW NexGen Adapter is here!
- Can now use a factory LS 4L60e bellhousing without ANY modifications
- ZERO modifications to the bellhousing or front bearing retainer required
- Allows for the use of an SFI bellhousing
- Remote bleeder and -3an or -4an feed line required for NexGen configurations
Looking for an affordable manual transmission option for your LSx build, but want something that can take a beating and doesn't break the bank? We got you covered! This AR5 to LS adapter allows you to bolt up an Aisin AR5 5-speed transmission from any Pontiac Solstice, Saturn Sky, Polaris Slingshot, or Chevrolet Colorado behind any gen III/IV LS engine. The kit includes:
- 1x FABbot AR5 to LS Adapter Plate
- 1x Pilot Bearing
- 1x FABbot Clutch Slave Cylinder Spacer
- All necessary hardware
This kit requires the follow to function:
- AR5 Transmission - Donor vehicles include All Colorado Truck w/ manual transmissions, All Pontiac Solstices/Saturn Skys, and All Polaris Slingshots. Between these vehicles, the differences break down into 3 groups: Colorado, N/A Car, Turbo Car. All three have slightly different gear ratios and the truck has a slip yoke on the tail shaft, whereas the cars have a flange where the CV joint would bolt to. If you are going to run a car transmission, an adapter is needed to adapt to a U-Joint, and a slip yoke will need to be added to your driveshaft. Click here for the FABbot AR5 CV to U-Joint Adapter.
- Clutch and Flywheel - This kit is designed to use any F-Body LS1-to-T56 clutch and flywheel. If you do not already have a clutch and flywheel wheel, we have many to choose from.
- Clutch Slave Cylinder - Uses stock Colorado slave cylinder. If you transmission doesn't have a clutch slave cylinder, we can supply you with one.
- Bellhousing - This kit is designed to work with a GM 4L60E bellhousing. Specifically, the late LS bellhousing with the upper mounting bolt hole and has casting number 24206952 on the starter bump out. These bellhousings have a 7" depth which is critical for this adapter to function. Zero modifications need to be made to the bellhousing when used in the NexGen configuration. Remote bleeder and -3an or -4an feed line required for next gen configuration. If no remote bleeder and/or the factory quick connect fitting is to be used, (2) 1.5" holes will need to be cut in the bellhousing. This can easily be done with a hole saw. If using an aftermarket SFI bellhousing, be sure to verify that the bellhousing depth is 7", otherwise a spacer may be required.
- Clutch Master Cylinder - Min. bore size of 11/16" with no more than a 6:1 pedal ratio. We have found that a 3/4" bore provides a nice pedal feel. If using a pedal ration greater than 6:1, a master cylinder bore of 7/8" will be required.
- Clutch line - If the vehicle came with an AR5 (i.e. Colorado) the stock line can be used. If not, we sell an adapter to adapt the clutch slave cylinder to a -3an.
- Remote Bleeder - The bleeder port doesn't slick out of the bellhousing. This can make it hard and messy to bleed your clutch. The FABbot speed bleeder makes this job much easier.