FABbot AR5 to SBC Transmission Adapter
Looking for an affordable manual transmission option for your gen 1 or gen 2 SBC build, but want something that can take a beating and doesn't break the bank? We got you covered! This AR5 to SBC adapter allows you to bolt up an Aisin AR5 5-speed transmission from any Pontiac Solstice, Saturn Sky, Polaris Slingshot, or Chevrolet Colorado behind any gen 1 or gen 2 SBC engine. The kit includes:
- 1x FABbot AR5 to SBC Adapter Plate
- 1x Pilot Bearing
- 1x FABbot Clutch Slave Cylinder Spacer
- 1x FABbot Remote Clutch Bleeder
- 1x FABbot -3an Clutch Adapter Fitting
- All necessary hardware
This kit requires the follow to function:
- AR5 Transmission - Donor vehicles include All Colorado Truck w/ manual transmissions, All Pontiac Solstices/Saturn Skys, and All Polaris Slingshots. Between these vehicles, the differences break down into 3 groups: Colorado, N/A Car, Turbo Car. All three have slightly different gear ratios and the truck has a slip yoke on the tail shaft, whereas the cars have a flange where the CV joint would bolt to. If you are going to run a car transmission, an adapter is needed to adapt to a U-Joint, and a slip yoke will need to be added to your driveshaft. Click here for the FABbot AR5 CV to U-Joint Adapter.
- Clutch and Flywheel -This kit is designed to use flywheel for either a 1pc. or 2pc. rear main seal, and can accommodate either a 168 or 153 tooth flywheel. The important thing to measure here is your clutch stack-up and spline count. Your clutch disc needs to be a 26 spline. When the clutch is bolted up to the flywheel, it needs to measures approximately 3.375" from the crank mounting face to the pressure plate fingers where the clutch slave cylinder engages.
- Clutch Slave Cylinder - Uses stock Colorado slave cylinder. If you transmission doesn't have a clutch slave cylinder, we can supply you with one.
- Bellhousing - This kit is designed to work with a GM 4L60E bellhousing. Specifically, the late LS bellhousing with the upper mounting bolt hole and has casting number 24206952 on the starter bump out. These bellhousings have a 7" depth which is critical for this adapter to function. Minor modifications will need to be made to the bellhousing to clear some of the adapter bolts, as well as some holes to route the clutch slave cylinder lines. Don't feel like modifying a bellhousing? Not a problem! We also sell a bellhousing kit that will make this a direct bolt on application.
- Clutch Master Cylinder - Min. bore size of 11/16". We have found that a 3/4" bore provides a nice pedal feel.
- Clutch line - This kit includes a -3an adapter fitting. A hydraulic feed line from your clutch master cylinder to the slave will be required.